As a doctor, I am amazed at how many people I talk to during the consultation process who don’t have sex, don’t think they have enough sex and/or have never spoken about sex in an objective manner.
Although sex is a frequently discussed topic, it's mostly chatted about over a glass of wine with friends. Different people have different interpretations of how it's done, but one thing's for sure: sex is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle.
Losing one's libido can happen easily, regardless of whether you are in a relationship or single, heteroexual or homosexual, young or older or man or woman. We’re all obsessed with doing the latest fad diets to get fit for summer, but one of the most fun ways to help get fit and healthy is something we can all agree on is fun - and that’s great sex!
Read on for some libido-raising tips to inspire you to get on the good foot and do the bad thing!
- Did you know having sex burns upwards of 144 calories per 30 minutes? And if that's not more fun than a trip to the gym, I don't know what is!
- Sex improves your sleep, after orgasm, the hormone prolactin is released which is responsible for the feelings of relaxation and sleepiness.
- Having sex will inevitably lead to having more sex. Researchers found that having sex increases your want for more sex. Having regular sex also increases natural lubrication, blood flow and elasticity – all of which makes for even more enjoyable sex.
- Regular ejaculation can also reduce the risk of prostate cancer developing in males let's get that sex drive going!
- Some peptides and other pharmaceuticals can get things racin, such as Bremelanotide PT-141, which was originally developed from the peptide hormone melanotan used as a tanning agent. When people used melanotan it was found that they experienced increased sexual arousal and 9 out of 10 test subjects had spontaneous erections. There are several other substances on the market that can help to kick-start sex, which in turn leads to wanting more of it - ask your doctor for information.
- Some natural libido boosters include oysters, figs, bananas and avocados which can all increase blood flow to the genitals. These libido boosters are also just generally healthy, full of good fats and proteins.